BACON & MUSHROOM RICE
We love how the essence of the shiitake mushroom was infused with the rice, and the additional bacon on top enhances the flavour profile. We recommend you to try this out! (:
Recipe type: MainCuisine: ChineseServes: 2
|PREP TIME: 10 mins||COOK TIME: 20 mins||
TOTAL TIME: 30 mins
- 1 cup rice, rinsed and drained
- 2 slices bacon, diced
- 4 shitake mushroom, sliced
- 100g diced imitation crab sticks
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tbsp light soya sauce
- ½ tsp chicken powder
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- some water
- some spring onion, diced (for garnishing)
1. Heat up 1 tbsp of cooking oil in a wok and add in the diced bacon. Pan fried till they are crispy.
2. Remove the crispy bacon and drain them on paper towels. Set aside.
3. Using the same wok, add in the minced garlic, diced onion and shitake mushrooms. Saute till fragrant.
4. Add in the light soya sauce, salt, pepper and chicken powder. Stir fried briefly till well mixed.
5. Add in the diced imitation crab sticks.
6. Add in the rice and stir fried briefly to mix well.
7. Place all the ingredients into the rice cooker and add enough water till the 2-cup rice mark. Cook the rice on normal/quick mode till done.
8. Stir up the rice from the bottom and stir well. Garnish with diced spring onion and serve hot.
- George Lee